There are a number of things that people may appreciate about the Easter season, but one that comes to mind rather quickly are all of the different types of candy. You have various types of chocolate, jellybeans and of course, peeps. These little sweet treats show up around Easter time and many of us appreciate the marshmallow deliciousness that they provide.
If you are having people over for Easter or if you just want to make something fun for your family, try some of these colourful Easter cookies. Basically, you are taking a box of cake mix and turning it into Easter bars that are both colourful and fun. What is best is the fact that they are topped with little marshmallow peeps, and they may just disappear as fast as you make them.
– 1/2 cup butter
– 4 egg yolks
– 1 egg
– Yellow box cake mix
– 3 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
– 1 can sweet and condensed milk
– Vanilla extract
1. Combine your cake mix ingredients with some sprinkles and press that dough into a cake pan.
2. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
3. Melt the white chocolate chips and combine the can of condensed milk with vanilla extract to make the fudge layer. Pour the fudge evenly over the cookie bar.
4. Line the Peeps up however you’d like (we suggest lining them side by side so everyone gets a Peep) and throw some sprinkles on top.
5. Put the cookie bars in the fridge to set. Once set, cut into rectangular bars and serve!