Everyone loves cookies, and baking is a wonderful way for kids and parents to spend some quality time together. So this really simple recipe for cookies (It only has 3 ingredients) is the perfect introduction for kids to baking, provides some quality time together and has the added benefit of a treat at the end that everyone can enjoy.
When I tell you that all that is required is butter, sugar, and flour, you will understand why even the most inexperienced of bakers can’t relly go wrong with these delicious treats.
What’s more the time taken to make these little treats is short, which means that for last minute requests, bake sales, or should your husband decide to invite some guests round, and only tell you at the last minute, you still could easily knock up a batch of this and have time to get ready. Let us know in the comments how you and the kids get on, I am certain that you will enjoy the time together, and love the tasty cookies at the end. Just ensure you teach them that baking includes cleaning up at the end, otherwise you are setting a bad example, and we don’t want to start off on a bad foot.
– 6 oz. (3/4 cup) butter, room temp.
– 3.5 oz. (1/2 cup) superfine sugar
– 9 oz. (2 1/4 cups) all purpose flour
– Raw sugar or large-granulated sugar for coating (1/2 cup is plenty)
1. With a paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Add all of the flour in one go and let it mix until mixture resembles a crumb texture. (You can also do this step by hand. Rub the flour into butter and sugar until crumb-like.)
3. Dump cookie mixture onto a clean surface and continue by hand.
4. Lightly knead and work the crumbs until it forms a dough.
5. Shape the dough into a long rectangular prism.
6. Sprinkle raw sugar onto wax paper and roll the dough in it. After the dough is coated with sugar, transfer it onto plastic wrap and set it in the fridge or freezer to firm for about 30 minutes.
7. Slice the dough into 1cm thick square and place on cookie sheet.
8. Preheat oven to 325F and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.