There are certain types of sweet treats that most of us would not pass up if we had the opportunity to do so. Among those is fudge, and when it is made the right way, you cannot imagine just how delicious it is. In fact, having a bowl of fudge in front of you can be dangerous, because you may just eat the entire thing!
If you are ready to kick your fudge up to the next level, this recipe is the way to do it. It takes Carmel, a great fudge recipe and adds Rolos to the mix. Try this fudge recipe one time and you may just never make another type of fudge again.
14 ounces Carnations caramel sauce
14 ounces white chocolate, chopped
4.5 ounces powdered sugar, sifted
12 ounces Rolo chocolate
Note: If unable to find Carnations Caramel Sauce, make your own by mixing together 1 can sweetened condensed milk; 2 tablespoons melted butter; 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
1) Line a 9×9 or 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2) Put the chopped chocolate into a heavy based pan, along with all of the caramel sauce – melt on a low heat, stirring often so that the chocolate doesn’t burn on the bottom and so that the ingredients mix together well.
3) Once melted, add in the sifted icing sugar and combine well.
4) Pour in 3/4 of the Rolos and quickly combine, then pour into the prepared baking dish and smooth over the mixture. Put on the rest of the Rolos where there are any gaps, and press into the top of the fudge. Set the fudge in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours to set, or overnight!
5) Once set – remove from the tin and cut into the squares. Enjoy!