There may be many different types of desserts that we could enjoy but sometimes, we have a favorite or we may have a particular taste and texture that we want at any given time. We may enjoy a piece of pie after dinner or perhaps we may have a cannoli at night. In either case, they are fantastic but when you have both available, it can be difficult to choose one over another. That is where this recipe comes in.
Imagine being able to combine the taste of a cannoli with the convenience of a slice of pie. This recipe makes it possible but it takes things even a step further. The pie can be made without you having to turn the oven on so it really is a convenience that most busy people are going to appreciate. This cannoli no bake pie recipe is fantastic and it is also something that you can make for family, friends or even just to have something available for a midnight snack.
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk ticotta
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
Dash of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon orange zest, optional
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Crust: *optional, you can use a pre-made graham cracker crust*
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
Chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the ingredients for the crust until blended and spread it into a pie plate.
2. Bake for 8 minutes.
3. Blend the cream cheese until smooth.
4. Add in the heavy cream and mix it.
5. Mix in the confectioners sugar, cinnamon, and orange zest.
6. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
7. Spread out the cream cheese mixture into the pie crust and chill overnight.
8. Mix heavy cream with confectioners sugar to make a whipped topping and then sprinkle on some chocolate chips and serve.
Facebook video may take a moment to load: