When you go out to eat dinner at a restaurant, one of the first things you will be asked by the waiter or waitress is if you would like an appetizer. More than likely, you may even choose something off of the menu and, although you may not make appetizers at home, they are a fantastic treat, anytime you have them.
It’s time to make dinner at home more enjoyable and a great place to start is with these homemade jalapeno poppers. They are simple to make and just as delicious as what you would get in any restaurant. They do come with a warning, and that is to make sure that you make extra. You’re going to need them.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup cheddar cheese
4 ounces canned jalapeno peppers,diced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 green onions, finely sliced
1 package wonton wrappers
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Preheat your oil to 350 degrees.
2. Use a mixer to soften cream cheese until creamy, then stir in cheese, jalapenos, green onions and garlic powder and fold them in.
3. Scoop about a teaspoon of the jalapeno mix into the center of a wonton wrapper and then fold it into a triangle before rolling it up.
4. Drop the egg rolls into the oil and let cook until brown and crispy, about three minutes.
5. Let cool for a few minutes before serving as filling will be hot.