What is the picture you see in your mind when you think of a Danish? The fact of the matter is, they can be put together in so many different ways and include so many different ingredients, there is truly something there for everyone. From time to time, however, you might come across a recipe that really impresses you and that is what we see with this concoction.
Not only is it full of delicious chocolate chips that melt and make it absolutely yummy, it has some cream cheese to make it extra creamy. It is the combination of everything involved, plus the flaky crust on the outside that makes this a culinary treat that you are going to want to share with everyone you know.
1can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
1package (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
1/4cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 17×12-inch cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone nonstick baking mat.
2. Unroll dough onto lined cookie sheet. Press dough into a 16×10 rectangle.
3. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut 1 1/2-inch-long slants 1 inch apart on both sides of the rectangle. Leave the center uncut. There should be the same amount of slices on each side.
4. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla until smooth. Spread mixture onto center of the dough.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the filling and fold the slices over in a braiding motion.
6. Bake up to 22 minutes or just until golden brown. Cut into slices and serve.